Well if you didn't guess which movie the previous post's "costume drama photo of the day" was from--which I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a costume drama mastermind to figure out...
Just tryin to get you to stretch your minds an all...
This week's Spotlight, based on that photo, is a classic Victorian Thriller.
- "Even a man who is pure of heart
- and says his prayers by night
- may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
- and the autumn moon is bright."
Does this narrow it down for you? :)
- Starring Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, and Benicio del Toro
- It's 1891.
- Benicio plays a guy named Ben who is a "world-renowned actor".
- His brother dies by a mysterious creature.
- He is summoned back home to his family's creepy Blackmoore estate.
- His brother had a fiance.
- Enter Emily Blunt's character.
- They form an easy friendship.
- His dad, not so much.
- Anthony Hopkins character, as his father, is fantastically sinister
- and yet surprisingly protective of his family.
- Especially when word gets out that there is a monster loose.
- The men band together to find him.
- And then there are many good scenes of running through woods in the dark.
- Why do they always do this??
- And Gypsy camps
- and cool scenes of London at night.
- I wont tell you how it ends.
- Was I happy with how it ended?
- Let's just say, I could have come up with a more satisfying and equally epic ending.
- Why they didn't consult me, I'm still stumped...
- But this movie was brilliantly eerie and suspenseful.
- I loved all the leads and Benicio is a very good actor, I'm surprised he's not in more movies.
- It's a little gruesome in parts, so if you are of a sensitive viewing nature,
you may want to skip, skip some parts :)
- So have you seen this?
- What did you think?
- Yay or Nay?
- Happy Viewing.
|the_wolfman_by_Erin Kelso (aka Bluefooted)|